Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin
PENETRATING WOOD OIL FOR EXOTIC WOODS
Clear satin wood finish designed for exotic and oily wood species. Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin is resistant to water and dirt, is very durable and smoothens wood surfaces. Meets the wood’s natural demands: it is microporous and does not crack, flake, peel, or blister. Resistant against wine, beer, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juice, milk, and water in accordance with industrial norms. When dry, the finish is safe for humans, animals, and plants and is suitable for children’s toys, and fast to perspiration and saliva.
Advantages and benefits:
- For exotic and oily wood species, and dark hardwoods
- Based on natural, rapidly renewable resources
- Microporous – won’t crack, peel, flake, or blister
- Breathable and moves with the wood
- Resistant against wine, beer, cola, tea, fruit juice, milk, and water
- Easy cleaning and maintenance – spot repairable
Application Instructions > Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin
Prior to using, please ensure the product is stirred thoroughly.
First Coat: Apply thinly.
- Using the Osmo Microfiber Floor Roller / Osmo Floor Brush (for larger areas) or an Osmo Natural Bristle Brush (for smaller areas), work product thinly and evenly into wood in the direction of the wood grain. Brush out any lap marks or stop marks in the direction of the grain
- Allow to dry for 30 mins - ensure the space is well ventilated
- After 30 minutes a second coat can be applied as above
- Remove access oil from the surface using a cloth
- Clean brushes with Osmo Brush Cleaner and Thinner (benzene-free) or Turpentine
- Allow 12 hours drying time under normal climatic conditions for Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin to fully cure
Second Coat: Apply thinly. Leave to dry for approximately 30 minutes. Remove all surplus. If you are finishing cupboards, wardrobes and drawers only one thin coat is necessary and should be applied with a cloth.
WARNING: Cloths saturated with product are a spontaneous combustion hazard and should be left out unfolded until dried, prior to disposal or preferably stored in a proper fireproof container
Tip: For a high-sheen effect and extra durability you can apply one coat of Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin as a base coat, and use Polyx-Oil for the second coat.
Cure Period: Osmo Hardwax-Oil(s) like all floor finishes have a cure period. We recommend allowing 2 weeks for the surface to fully cure and harden prior to damp-mopping or placing rugs/mats on the surface.
|Application Temp.||+5°C to 35°C|
|Colours||1101 Clear Satin|
|Approx. Coverage||750m²/L (194 ft2/L) with one coat|
|Approx. Dry Time||12hrs|
|Number of Coats||1-2 coats|
|Sizes||750mL, Sample Sachet (5mL)|
Product Data Sheets
Have a question? Call us on 1-844-OSMOCAN (676-6226)
Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST