- Protective natural oil based spray for exterior hardwoods
- Quick and easy application
- Excellent durability and easily maintained with Garden Furniture Maintenance Kit
- Natural oils feed the wood to stabilize and help reduce warping.
- Will not peel, crack, flake or blister
- Safe for humans, plants and animals once dry.
PROTECTION AND CARE FOR EXTERIOR WOOD FURNITURE
Osmo Teak-Oil Spray is designed for a quick and economical application to exterior wood species such as Teak, Iroko and Bangkirai – as well as other hardwood and softwood species. A protective exterior oil based spray that maintains and improves the appearance of exterior wood furniture, as well as helps provide dimensional stability. Based on natural vegetable oils, creating a microporous surface – will not peel, crack, flake or blister. Safe for Humans, animals and plants once dry.
Out of stock
|Dimensions||6.5 × 6.5 × 20 in|
|Approx. Dry Time||
+5°C to 35°C
- Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free prior to applying Osmo Teak-Oil Spray.
- Old paints, varnishes and other coatings must be removed by sanding or stripping back to clean, bare wood
- Old applications of oil based treatments or stains need to be cleaned or lightly sanded
- If sanding, use a 120 to 150 grit sandpaper and remove all traces of sanding dust before oiling
- Hardwoods with an especially high content of oil, leave to weather for about 2 to 3 months (in winter up to 5 months) or wipe over with White Spirit to degrease the surface
- Hard wood with a high content of natural wood extractives needs to weather off (for at least 4 weeks) before the initial treatment or to be cleaned with Osmo Brush Cleaner and Thinner (8000) (degreaser)
- Resinous wood e.g. Larch or Douglas Fir needs to weather off for at least 6 weeks
- Pressure impregnated wood, Massaranduba, Bangkirai or Garapa need to weather off for at least 3 months
- Use Osmo Wood Reviver Gel (6609) to clean the wood surface and remove greying before applying Teak Oil Spray
Always do a test area before starting any project to check suitability and compatibility. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions on the tin at all times.
The type and age of timber can have a dramatic impact on how much Wood-Oil you need. As an example, softwood decking that is old will likely require more oil than a relatively new hardwood decking that still retains a fair amount of natural oil.
To test how much oil your decking needs, apply one thin coat, allow to dry, then apply a droplet of oil in a corner. If the droplet of oil soaks into the wood then a further coat can be applied. Repeat this process until the droplet of oil sits as a bead on the surface of the wood and no longer soaks in to the timber. This is an indication that the timber has absorbed as much oil as possible and doesn’t require any more.
Apply in a well ventilated area. Shake the contents of the can thoroughly before and periodically during use.
- Holding the can approximately 6-8″ away from the surface. Spray thinly and evenly across the surface.
- Use an application brush provided to spread the Teak-Oil Spray oil thinly and evenly, along the wood grain. Do not wipe excess
- Allow 8-12 hours drying time in a well ventilated area.
- Apply the second coat the same as the first, however after brushing and allowing 10 minutes of penetration, wipe any excess oil from the surface and allow 10 to 12 hours drying time, with good ventilation.
To preserve the look and performance of the oiled finish for longer, it is recommended that furniture is cleaned on a regular basis. This is to remove loose leaves, dirt and other organic matter that can settle on the surface, which can degrade or damage the finish over time.
For deeper cleaning, to remove scuff marks, stains, grease or other contaminants, we recommend the use of Osmo Decking Cleaner prior to recoating.
If greying of the surface develops due to high UV exposure, the greying can be reversed using Osmo Wood Reviver Power Gel prior to recoating.
If the finish starts to look worn or tired over time as a result from weathering, simply apply a fresh coat of Osmo Teak-Oil Spray following the Preparation and Application instructions above.