- You cannot add "Garden Furniture Maintenance Kit" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
Natural Oil Woodstain Effect
$2.00 – $295.00
Osmo Natural Oil Woodstain Effect is ideal for use on any exterior wood, including doors, windows and shutters, carports, timber cladding, balconies, smooth fences, pergolas, garden furniture and summer houses.
Please Note: The transparent colour tone of this product will be influenced by the wood’s natural colour, causing the result to deviate from the colour shown on the colour chart. Lightly pigmented transparent finishes have limited protection against UV influences and are therefore not recommended for surfaces prone to strong sunlight.
All colour shades can be mixed with each other to achieve alternative shade variations.
- An all-in-one, premium oil-based wood stain for any exterior wood
- Excellent durability all year round
- Weather resistant and water-repellent
- Active ingredients protect against mould, algae and fungal attack
- UV-stable to help reduce the greying effects of the sun
- Provides a semi-transparent, decorative, metallic satin finish
- Based on a blend of natural oils
- Benzene-free formulation
- Low V.O.C content
|Number of Coats||
1 or 2 coats
26m²/L (280ft2/L) with one coat
|Approx. Dry Time||
+5°C to 35°C
1140 Agate Silver, 1142 Graphite Silver, 1143 Onyx Silver
2.5L, 750mL, Sample Sachet (5mL)
Wooden surfaces to be treated with Osmo Woodstain must be frost-free, dry and free from surface dirt and debris prior to application.
- Existing oiled surfaces can be lightly rubbed back with meths then fully cleaned
- Pre-existing varnishes and sealers must be completely removed via sanding or using a suitable Product Stripper / Remover
- Use an appropriate porous filler if repairing small dents and holes, such as Osmo Exterior Gap Sealer
- Pre-treat grey or sun damaged wood with Osmo Wood Reviver Gel (6609)
Always do a test area before starting any project to assess the colour, compatibility and end result. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions on the tin at all times. Stir well before and periodically during use.
Osmo Natural Oil Woodstain Effect is ready to use and does not require thinning. Be aware that rough sawn timber is more absorbent, meaning coverage per litre will be greatly reduced.
- Apply thinly and evenly along the wood grain with an Osmo Flat Brush or Osmo Premium Microfibre Roller
- Allow good ventilation whilst drying
- Apply a second coat as before once the first coat has dried
Please Note: Dried surface is satin-glossy at first and afterwards is satin.
To increase the durability of the finish and improve UV resistance we recommend, after thorough drying, the application of Osmo UV Protection Oil 420 Extra as a top coat.
If surfaces show signs of wear or a loss of weather resistance over time, simply clean and add a maintenance coat of Osmo Natural Oil Woodstain Effect to the existing finish.